The International Windsurfing Association was formed in January 2001 to unite the sport of windsurfing, and to provide a focal point for information, and a central administration for competitive windsurfing.
- To promote the sport of windsurfing in all disciplines
- To represent the interests of the ISAF Windsurfing Classes
- To organise first class competition for all windsurfing classes
- To co-ordinate class activities with one international calendar
- To further co-operation between international classes
- To encourage development of all age groups and levels
- To protect and represent the interests of windsurfers worldwide
Reasons to Participate
Associate membership "shall be open to any windsurfing related organisation or individual"
- to give members of the windsurfing industry and related professions a say in the running of the sport
- to contribute towards the future development of the sport and assist in the day to day running of the Association
- plus the opportunity to sit on working groups and specialist sub-committees eg media and marketing, training and development