Notices of Race for the 2013 RS:X European Windsurfing Championships and 2013 RS:X Open Youth European Windsurfing Championships to be held between June 30th and July 7th in Brest, have been published.[more]
The RS:X Format Working Party recommended the format below, that has been incorporated into the NoRs:
- 15 races for medal race sailors, 13 for others, all over 5 days of racing during the 6 day event, so a reserve day after day 2.
- 3 races per day irrespective of the ability to plane or not.
- Each race is to count towards the series with 2 discards – 1 from Round 1, 1 from Round 2; medal races cannot be discarded. If racing is in 1 group then the 2 discards will be applied across all races irrespective of the Rounds.
- 1 point for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc.
- Days 1 & 2 is Round 1 in 2 groups (max 60 per group).
- Days 3 & 4 is Round 2 in 2 or more groups. Gold group to be the same as anticipated Olympic numbers – 35 men, 25 women.
- Medal Race Day – 3 medal races for top 10; non-discadable scores; no weighting on scoring (ie 1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd etc). Remaining sailors have a single race in their groups as during final series.
- Target times are 20-25 minutes for all races with the RO ensuring that Mark 4 is high so that the first beat is long and optimises separation for rounding the first mark. In non-planing conditions the target time will be closer to 20 minutes than 25 minutes.
Exactly the same as Seniors except that Round 2 will remain in groups of the same size (maximum of 60) so increasing the likelyhood of racing on a windward leeward.
All other information on travel, transfers, accommodation, equipment and rib charter and also links to registration can be found here