All sailors were keen to get on the water on Friday as the forecast showed sunny weather and wind from the early morning.  A welcome change after the disappointment of having no wind on the previous day.  The race committee planned 4 races and the first warning signal was set for 10:00. [more]

Arriving at the race course the windsurfers had a short wait for the first race and commenced with the action. Three races were sailed before the break and, as the sailors put it, “some really good, tactical starts” were concluded.  After coming ashore, the wind dropped a little, but the conditions were still suitable to conduct another race for all fleets. 
The Division II is seeing some really fierce competition and the top three are just a couple points apart. Alain Cadre from France was most consistent today with three seconds and a first. He took the lead. His teammate Nicolas le Gal and Omar Juan Moreno from Spain will also be fighting for the gold tomorrow.
The leaders have not changed in the Raceboard fleets. The French confirming that they are favourites on their own turf, Nicolas Huget has won all but one of his races and Jean Mailhos is doing even better with bullets all the way.     
The day ended with AGM’s of both the DII and Racebaord classes going into the very late evening. Let’s hope everybody is rested before tomorrow as once again races start at 10:00.
Today’s starts make it 6 in total for both women and men in the Raceboard fleets and 7 for DII.
The day before, the Race Committee had intended to catch up on the races, especially for the ladies, who were trailing, with only one race completed in the regatta.
Unfortunately, the weather was not in favour of the organisers and a strong thunderstorm with lightning stopped the racing after just one completed for Raceboard Men, Women and the DII class. Safety came first and the Race Committee decided to postpone all races till the next day.  “Bizarre” was the word used by the organisers in reference to the storm itself. As it turns out, not a usual sight in Brest.    
The evening saw the homecoming welcome of Olympic medallists in a special ceremony organised by the city council.